Friday, January 7, 2011

Ready, Set, Here We Go!

My oh my was that break nice! It was just what I needed to clear my head and regain some self-confidence. It was nice to be off the map for awhile, but I do (kind of) miss blogging so I think I'm ready to start back up again.

Andy is still on furlough, but you know, we really have found a blessed peace about the whole thing. It has made us realize just how very very blessed we are. What a gift for us to receive! In fact, I think we are in the midst of some of the happiest times of our lives thus far. I can't help but be thankful to God for bringing such good out of what could be a rough time. God is so good and like a loving father, provides everything we could need and more!

Ira and Ruby have grown so much since I blogged last (both physically and in their relationship with each other) Ruby is 10 months old - so sweet! I called and signed Ira up for Kindergarten Screening today. Ruby is absolutely head over heels in love with her brother. She knows how to say his name and says it first thing when she wakes up nearly every morning. She also YELLS for him when he's not in the room (yes, she's discovered the volume dial big time!) Ira is an incredibly proficient reader now - he can read just about anything you put in front of him. He especially loves reading nutrition labels. He is fascinated by them. So funny!

I feel like I am finally coming into my own as a mommy of two. I love getting on the floor and playing with the kiddos. Somehow, I've actually managed to find the time to do that lately. I have also kept my kitchen cleaned up for over a week. (MAJOR ACCOMPLISHMENT!!) I didn't make many resolutions for the new year, just to make time to pray each day.

So there you go, if you're looking for more catch-up than that, you're going to have to look in your fridge, because I don't want to spend a lot of time on retro-active posts. So here we go again!

3 comments:

Debi said...

So glad you are back! YAY! Ira sounds like a genius, maybe he should have college screening instead!!! Can't wait to see updated pics!

Brandon and Emily Judson said...

So glad you are back!!!

Unknown said...

welcome back!!! I'm SO behind .. didn't realize you were back in action! Wanna do MY blogging, too? ;)