For Ira's second Christmas, Santa brought him a Kitchen Set with all the accouterments. It is a well-loved, oft-used present that BOTH of the kiddos play with a lot. Quite awhile ago, Ira named the kitchen set "Chinese Restaurant." Well Chinese Restaurant had a FULL HOUSE today! Ira and I played "waitress and chef" at the restaurant while Ruby napped.
It was SO very nice to get to spend some one-on-one time with my growing-up-so-fast little boy! You could tell he really enjoyed it too. Getting down on the floor and playing with the kids more is something I've been working on. Not saying "ok in a few minutes," or "I can't right now," but just stopping what I'm doing (if possible) and playing. It really has been good for all of us.
2 comments:
That's a great example, Michelle!!! Thank you for sharing!!!
Ahhh, I say I'm working on that, but in actuality, I'm really not :( I "want" to, but feel there's so much else to do. But really, we all know time with our child is more important. Good for you, Michelle!
Post a Comment