Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Gasp... I'm a soccer mom!

I am actually excited about that title. Not that I always dreamed of being a soccer mom or anything, it's just crazy and amazing to be at "that stage" already.

Our little town has a great low-key soccer league that runs for 3 weeks: 2 practices, 6 games - my kind of involvement! Ira had shown an interest in soccer since his birthday when he got a soccer goal and ball from Andy's parents - so when we heard about this league, we thought it sounded like something we might want to let Ira do. So after talking about it for a few days, we finally asked Ira what he would think of being on a soccer team. He was SO excited! It was really sweet to see him get so excited about being on a team!

The games are absolutely a RIOT to watch! Really, just picture eighteen 4-5 yr. olds running around. Every once in awhile the ball pops out. What's really funny is that very few of them(including Ira) actually understand kicking the ball towards a particular goal. They mainly just kick the ball in the direction that it's going... whether that be straight out of bounds towards the fence, or straight into the other team's goal... whatever... they just kick the ball straight! They get a little better each game though. And you know what, they all have fun, which is really all they need to do at this point!

This is what Ira did when Andy told him to "look like a soccer player." ummm.... okay....

Ready for his first practice!

Go Red Crush!



2nd Game: Inbounding the ball

5 comments:

Angie said...

Looks like fun!

Monica said...

I really like the last picture a lot. That one is frameable for sure. Props to the photog (you?)

Kansas Mom said...

That really does look like fun! Kansas Dad and I will have to talk about signing up the kids for the next round. Can you point me in the right direction for information?

Unknown said...

I love watching little kids play soccer! It's organized chaos! Basically everyone chasing the ball .... and that's it. No waiting. No formation. Just get to the ball first and kick it. That's the victory! ;)

Mags said...

So cute! I love soccer (a good thing since my husband coaches it!); but what I love even more is watching little kids play soccer! They have so much fun; it's not about the competition at that age...priceless!