That approach, coupled with a very smart kid (if you ask me) led to this proud August day when Ira read "Put Me In the Zoo" all by himself. Now just so you know, I don't think we've ever read this book to Ira (do you know how many hundred books we have (thanks to my background in teaching!)) So he really had to actually read it. I am SO PROUD of my little boy who is getting to be bigger and bigger every day!
Saturday, September 11, 2010
I can read!!
Despite (or maybe because) of my background in teaching, I have NEVER wanted to push the issue of "learning" at home. In my opinion, the only "education" that kids need in their 5 years at home before schooling begins is the education they get from playing. That's not to say that we don't read to our kids and that we haven't talked to Ira about letters and letter sounds (when he's shown interest.) Because we certainly have, it's just never been anything formal.
That approach, coupled with a very smart kid (if you ask me) led to this proud August day when Ira read "Put Me In the Zoo" all by himself. Now just so you know, I don't think we've ever read this book to Ira (do you know how many hundred books we have (thanks to my background in teaching!)) So he really had to actually read it. I am SO PROUD of my little boy who is getting to be bigger and bigger every day!
That approach, coupled with a very smart kid (if you ask me) led to this proud August day when Ira read "Put Me In the Zoo" all by himself. Now just so you know, I don't think we've ever read this book to Ira (do you know how many hundred books we have (thanks to my background in teaching!)) So he really had to actually read it. I am SO PROUD of my little boy who is getting to be bigger and bigger every day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hooray! Reading is a beautiful thing, Ira.
YAY!!! I just sent the recipe section of your blog to one of my friends who is pregnant so she can fill her freezer with your freezing recipes! Thanks a lot!
Post a Comment