Friday, September 3, 2010

Bean Bag

For as long as Ira's been alive, his nickname (given to him by his daddy) has been "Bean Bag." So it seemed only fitting to make Ira a bean bag toss game.

I don't have a sewing machine, but I do have "No-sew" iron-on hem tape, so I used it on some extra fabric I had and filled them with lentils to make bean bags. (they (the lentils) are a PERFECT weight - not heavy enough to do damage to a baby sister if misdirected, but heavy enough to fly nicely through the air.)


Then I cut up one of our bushel boxes from the orchard to make an angled "board."

I drew numbers on the bottoms of 3 different sized containers (a blue cheese shallow one worth 3 points, a sour cream tub worth 2 points, and a cottage cheese container worth 1 point) and put them into the top of the bushel box.


I must say, I was pretty thrilled with how it turned out. Ira and I have been having LOTS of fun playing bean bag toss lately. And as an added bonus, Ira has gotten LOTS of practice doing simple addition! Who said math isn't fun?!

2 comments:

Monica said...

Clever, creative and FUN entertainment.

Kim Konecny said...

Looks like fun! Way to go, Mom!