Thursday, January 9, 2014

Tooth Fairy

Soo... I may or may not be a terrible mother who forgot for like a month... or more (I've honestly lost track it's been so long) to "tooth fairy" Ira's last tooth he lost.  He has for several months known that I am the tooth fairy (He even told Andy, "Dad, did you know Mom is the Tooth Fairy?!")  but, just like with Santa Claus (who he bluntly told RUBY was fake this year... thanks a lot...) confuses me with how exactly that works out in his big honkin' brain.  He does this thing where he still acts like he believes.  And he's good at it.  Too good.  So much so that I don't really think he's acting.  Because I'll unapologetically admit the kid can't lie to save his life so I don't think he could  so convincingly pull off "fake believing."  Does that make any sense?   Because it doesn't for me.... I don't know what reality he has created for himself where he knows, in fact, that his parents are aforementioned mythical figures, but then still wholeheartedly lives as though they are real... I don't know... it boggles my mind.

Sooooooo...... anyway... He finally decided last night (after he had to have a tooth pulled at the dentist yesterday) that he was going to write a note to the tooth fairy.

And the tooth fairy, having an affinity for imaginary worlds herself, left him this note back:
He was ecstatic.  And said not one word about it being from me... mind. blown.

Then tonight when he went to bed, he wrote her another note:
Oh... My HEART!!!  What a doll!  I'm rather enjoying this fun little conversation with my sweet son!  

To be continued...

1 comment:

Shannon said...

this is hilarious! You guys are having waay too much fun over there!