And the kids let Andy and I sleep until 10:00 this morning! Couldn't TELL you the last time we've done that! As I'd mentioned, they lost their video-watching privileges a few days ago, and I am shocked at how well/nicely they have entertained themselves in the morning before I get up (those two have never heard of sleeping in...)
I spent a decent chunk of (what was left of) the morning/early afternoon paying bills and updating our monthly budget. You know, God is so cool the way He provides for things when you take a leap of faith in generosity. It was pretty amazing to see how He took care of our Christmas budget... down to the dollar... I kid you not!
I spent the rest of the afternoon making brown bag burritos for Andy to take for lunch each day. I use brown rice and whole wheat tortillas now, and they usually make about 50, not 30 like the link says. He only takes one a day for lunch (with fruit) so I only have to make these puppies every couple months. And after eating them for lunch for years, he has yet to tire of them. They really are very good.
I reserved some of the filling today to use for our dinner. Our latest favorite dinner is Taco Salad bowls. Are you aware how stinking SIMPLE it is to make taco salad bowls?! We just spray our Corelle bowls with olive oil, scrunch a whole wheat burrito shell into them, spray the top of the burrito with olive oil, and bake at 350 for about 10 minutes. There is seriously no funner (I realize that's not a word... although spell check isn't dinging me for it... hmmm..) way to eat burritos than in as a taco salad. Anyway, we used the brown bag burrito filling for our meat/protein then topped them with all kinds of goodies (lettuce, black beans, olives, tomatoes, onions, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, and this delicious dressing). It's a super simple meal that comes together rather quickly!
And then we lit our Advent/Christmas candles for nearly the last time during our evening prayer time. I'm not sure I'm ready for Christmas to be over yet!
| After blowing the candles out (which according to Ira took 53 blows), Ruby said, "I blew them out without dying and getting my hair on fire and getting myself on fire and burning." Well done, child! |
No comments:
Post a Comment