Little Ruby has been our little artist ever since she could hold a crayon. More hours of her day are spent
doing art than anything else (okay, sleeping excepted.) For Christmas, Santa brought her a tub full of art supplies (glitter glue, acrylic paints and a palette, foam stickers, felt sheets, glue, pipe cleaners, feathers, jewels, pom-poms...) and let's just say that present has been thoroughly enjoyed! For the first couple weeks after Christmas, that was ALL she did! The last couple of days though, she has reverted back to crayons/markers/colored pencils, and I've LOVED seeing her drawings! I thought you might like to see them too!
 |
| Snowmen with LOTS of buttons |
 |
| Flowers |
 |
| A rainbow and "Hello Kitty with pinchers... like a crab..." |
 |
| A sister with a monkey bars on her shirt, a coconut (the top circle-looking thing), a baby (to the right of the coconut), and Mama Mary (laying down.) Notice the orange "frame" she colored around it - that's her latest thing - frames |
 |
| Sunshine. She drew this about 6 months ago and it's been hanging on my fridge ever since because I love it so much. It just makes me smile every time I see it! |
 |
| A girl with a bug on her shirt |
We also got a beautiful surprise in the mail today from another artist dear to our hearts, Amber Pitts. She was here this summer with the
Love Good Music tour and painted this beautiful picture,
upside down in
three minutes during one of Jimmy's songs. It was incredible to behold!
When I got the mail, there was a package of greeting cards from Amber with beautiful watercolor depictions of Pope Francis and Mother Teresa. I really want to put pictures of them on here, but I really don't want to spoil anything for her either, so unfortunately for now, you'll just have to imagine them. The painting of Mother Teresa is titled "Peace Begins With a Smile" and Mother Teresa just exudes joy and love. The painting of Pope Francis perfectly captures his humble, loving spirit. Oh goodness they're wonderful. If you're looking for beautiful cards to mail out for any reason, I would highly recommend getting in touch with Amber (comment here and I'll put you in touch with her.) You would be supporting a beautiful young woman's gift! We are so blessed to have this beautiful artist as a role-model for our beautiful little artist!
No comments:
Post a Comment