We were out of milk this morning (and Ira and Ruby always always have cold cereal/milk for breakfast), so I got up early to make some muffins for the kiddos for breakfast. I hadn't been up 15 minutes when Ruby came bouncing in all mussy-headed. She is just about the cutest thing ever when she wakes up. With a lot of my time being consumed teaching Ira during the day, I kind of cherish the mornings when she wakes up early, even if it does infringe on my "me time." So she got to help me make muffins! I used to be really good about letting Ira help me in the kitchen, but with Ruby it seems like I'm always "too busy" or "in a hurry" or "not in the mood to deal with the mess." I really need to work on that. She loves to help!
When Ira got up, he wanted nothing to do with my muffins... hmph... and made himself cinnamon toast for breakfast instead... little stinker...
Then today was one of those days where neither of us was really.... hmm... focused? I guess that would be the word for it? We just weren't very in sync. I was tired... He was... unfocused? Yeah, I think that's probably a good description of the combination. So it took him forever to do things and it felt even longer to me because I was tired and just wanted him to finish. We got it done, but it wasn't necessarily pretty. Then we went and threw our route of 800 papers. It also was not pretty but it got done. (The combination of heat blowing full blast to keep the car warm and two windows down with 30 degree air blowing in and the stop/go/turn, etc. of throwing papers this time of year makes all 3 of us a little queasy by the time we're finished.) The house was a wreck when we got home, but a couple focused hours of cleaning up/putting stuff away and it has returned to some semblance of decency. Pretty much today was just one of those days we pat ourselves on the back for surviving, get to bed as early as we can, and thank God that tomorrow is a fresh, new day!
No comments:
Post a Comment