Ira was off school last Monday, so he, Ruby, and I headed to the Zoo for some animal fun. It was the first time Ruby'd been to the Zoo since she was like 6 months old, so really her first time of really experiencing it. She was pretty intrigued. She loved peeking over the railings and saying "boo" to the animals. She had a lion about 40 feet away (behind glass, obviously) drop some kind of animal it was eating to run and check her out. It was kinda creepy, but I guess they are still wild animals and they still appreciate an easy target.
Ira was also fun to watch since he could read all the informational signs about the animals. He was also very interested in the world maps showing where the animals are typically found. (He has a new-found interest in world-geography thanks to my uncle who sent him a huge world wall map.) We learned lots of cool facts. I sure hope he continues to have such a love for knowledge as he grows.
We had a wonderful time and it made me miss those days of having him around all the time. Both kiddos were troopers, walking around the zoo for several hours (Ruby insisted on walking, not riding in her stroller.) I guess I tired them out pretty good, because both of them fell asleep on the way home. Ruby woke up enough for me to change her diaper and get her a cup of milk when we got home, but then I laid her back down (around 4 o'clock) thinking she'd sleep for at least a little longer. Boy was I wrong! She slept until the NEXT MORNING! Didn't wake up 'till 6:45!!! I think it's the longest she's ever slept in her life. It was nuts! Ira woke up in time for dinner and then went back to bed. Who knew that the Zoo would be such a great sleep-generator! Maybe I'll start going everyday...
I was also thrilled to get some cute pictures.
1 comment:
Oh, now I'm really tempted to go to the zoo this week! And the weather is so good for it right now. Wonderful pictures!
Post a Comment