Saturday, October 1, 2011

Broke

Good GRIEF!  In the last 15 days at our house we have broken glass 4, yes that was FOUR times.  

When my sister and her fam was over two Fridays ago, Ira accidentally tipped a glass over on the bar and it shattered.  (That was fun to clean up with 4 kiddos 5 and under.) 

Last Sunday, as I was getting plates out of the cabinet, one slipped out under the stack I got out and hit the counter top and shattered.  Mind you, it was Corelle, which I thought was supposed to be durable (we knocked one off the half-wall in our apartment and it fell a whole story down and hit the linoleum at the bottom of the stairs and it didn't break.)  Apparently it's not durable enough to hit a counter top two feet below the cabinet...

Yesterday, as I was making my grocery list, somehow (I'm still not sure, b/c Ira was across the room and Ruby was 3 feet away from it) my big tri-fold 9 frame picture stand got knocked over and crashed to the ground (thank GOODNESS not on anyone) and two of the frames of glass shattered.  All over the carpet.  And toys. And Andy wasn't home yet.  Ugh...

Then this morning as Ruby was finishing up her breakfast (cheerios, one and a half scrambled eggs, and a big piece of toast) she knocked the Corelle plate she was using off of the bar and onto the floor.  And guess what?  It SHATTERED too!  We don't often give her Corelle plates to use, but you can bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow... she'll be back to using her plastic plates.

So basically what I'm saying is, if you plan on coming over to our house, make sure to wear shoes... and bring your own dishes to eat off of, 'cause we're getting down to slim-pickings here!

2 comments:

Debi said...

This reminds that my Mom bought us a 12 pack of glasses for Christmas a few years ago, she was tired of being offered drinks in plastic cups at our house. There are 3 left.

Kansas Mom said...

Yeah, Corelle can withstand a lot of falls, but when it breaks it really breaks! We've found pieces of it miles from where a plate was dropped. Okay, an exaggeration, but still.