I don't know if other Diocese do this, but in our diocese, a team of priests play a team of Knights of Columbus members each year in a basketball game to benefit vocations. We had always wanted to attend, but had never had the chance to do so until this year. Andy's parents treated us to dinner and the game on Valentine's Eve. We had a great time watching our parish priest play (he was one of the best players on the team!) I also thought it was a neat way to show Ira that priests do more than just "religious" things. It was truly a great evening! If you ever have the chance to go, I'd highly encourage it! Pardon the quality of the pictures - it's not easy to take pictures of a sporting event from far away!
Fr. Andy (our pastor) warming up before the game. And no, he's not shooting at the goal in the picture - it's a little confusing I suppose, the goal is just off the right side of the picture.
The priests strategizing.
A little friendly trash-talking by Fr. Andy.
Go priests!
Fr. Andy shoots - he SCORES! Cutest little fan!
2 comments:
Cool, Michelle!! Our family has always wanted to go but never have...so who won???
Oh dear...I completely forgot all about the game when I saw cute little Ruby! She's precious, Michelle! Did you make her tutu??
I do agree though, I think it's great for kids to see other sides of people such as priests, teachers, etc.
Post a Comment