Monday, May 3, 2010

Breakthrough

Thanks to all for your suggestions on the sleeping front! I guess I needed to clarify just a bit - Ruby sleeps great DURING the night. It's just getting her to sleep for the FIRST time of the night that is such a struggle, because she screams and cries and is very difficult to soothe. I think I will give Mary the prize on the whole "sleep begetting sleep" comment. Expect nothing in the mail promptly.

I think that by the end of the evening, Ruby was just exhausted and then REALLY had trouble going to sleep for good. I have been indulging little Miss' sleepy head, letting her sleep as much/as late/as long as she wants and let me tell you what... she went down last night at 8:30ish and woke up at midnight, four, and 7ish to nurse. She is currently still sleeping!!!!! HOORAY!!!!! Saturday night was pretty good too... Enough so that I think this is the beginning of a trend perhaps! Only time will tell I guess, but right now I am thrilled!

Saturday we went to the zoo for most of the day which made for two very tired kiddos by the end of the night! It was such a nice day as a family. I feel like since Ruby's birth, we haven't done much as a family (it's either Andy and Ira or me and Ruby.) And last week was a long week for Andy because he's closing out his current project, so he was working 10+ hour days every day. It was certainly a nice respite to get to spend time with each other! Andy was even kind enough to give the Ergo carrier a try so that I could have my hands and body baby-free so that I could help Ira. It was a really nice break. Not that I don't love my little miss to pieces. But she has shown herself to be quite the momma's girl (read: she's not in love with other people holding her) but she loves the Ergo so much that she was fine with Andy holding her for the better part of 3 hours!!

And now... for your patience.... I'm rewarding you with cute kid pictures! They are out of order because Blogger is being stupid.



No comments: