Thursday, May 6, 2010

Another new one

I have a feeling this is going to be random, so consider yourself warned! Ruby was up late last night, and I haven't even made my coffee yet.... now that's dedication!

Tuesday was laundry day around here. I don't really dislike doing laundry, I guess we just have too many clothes or something, because I only do laundry about once every 10-14 days. When we were rolling the laundry cart out to the utility room, it proceeded to fall apart. (It's tube-metal framed and has 4 sacks. I keep it in my closet and use it as a hamper so that come laundry day, I don't even have to sort the clothes.) The thing has been a piece of junk since we bought it at my favorite store (NOT) Wal-mart. It never stood up very well (Andy said it needed some cross-bracing.) So it just fell completely to pieces (stripped the screws out of the pipes and everything.) It seriously made me so mad that I wanted to bend the pieces in half like the Incredible Hulk. I refrained, thinking that might not be the best thing to teach Ira. Andy's diagnosis - it's toast for good. Ugh... For now our clothes will be in piles on the closet floor... Ugh

Yesterday, Ruby slept good during the day, but once evening came she didn't really sleep much at all. So she was up until about 1:30. Poor dear. Poor me. I really need to take the advice of my much more logical, level-headed, and apparently mature younger sister who had a baby 3.5 months before Ruby who said, "I just have to tell my self, 'It's okay to get up and still be tired.'" Yeah, whatever. Thank God for coffee is all I can say!

For my free shopping this week, I managed to get 3 bottles of Nivea Women's bodywash, a bottle of men's Nivea bodywash, a bottle of Irish Spring bodywash, and 2 rolls of tape for 1.52 out of pocket at Walgreens. I finally "bought into" the Register Rewards program there last week. (Spent $16, got $16 in Register Rewards - essentially gift certificates for Walgreens that expire 2 weeks from when you print them.) So I actually spent 7 of those yesterday, but I got 7 more back. That's my goal now, to just keep rolling them over and accumulating free stuff and getting the same amount (or more if possible!) of RR back. Pretty cool stuff if you ask me! This is how big of a nerd I am, I laid awake Tuesday during the night pondering the deals I could get at Walgreens this week with my combination of coupons, sales, and RR deals. Yep, I am a card-carrying, bonafide dork. So sue me...

Later gator!

3 comments:

mary said...

if you ever find yourself over stocked with free deals, you can always donate to the IHM sisters (or any shelter. i just really like the sisters and know they always appreciate support.) a family can only use so much personal care stuff, but when it's free, it's too fun to pass up.

Michelle said...

That is an AWESOME idea Mary! Thanks!!

Unknown said...

1. I am TOTALLY all about pre-sorting when clothes go into the hamper. I had to sort when we were little and raelly hated it.

2. On the Walgreens deals, I seem to see the Sunday deals, but by the time I get there Mon or Tues, they're sold out/all gone. Are you doing something different???? I'm curious!