Before we finished the basement, our dress-up clothes were in an old dresser. It was hard to open and the clothes didn't really fit in there all that well, so they didn't end up getting played with much at all. That made me kind of sad, because when we were little, oh my goodness, we played with dress-up clothes all... the... time. I wonder where those ever ended up? Well, regardless, when we finished the basement, I was anxious for a solution that took up less space than the dresser and made the clothes more accessible. I've always thought these rope-handled tubs are fun, so I thought we'd give one of them a shot for the dress-up clothes.
We got one in red (one of my favorite colors) and it works GREAT! Ira loves playing with all the clothes. Even Ruby has fun getting hats and clothes out to play with. (And I have a lot of hats - I was totally into them as a teenager/college student.)
Here are a few of our favorites!
3 comments:
Awwwww! So STINKIN Cute!!!!
I loved playing with dress up when I was a kid too! I'll be honest, we don't have too many dress up clothes at our place right now but Aubrey is always excited to hit up my mom's dress up selection when we go over there.
CUTE pics! Did you girls get Drew to play dress up with you when you were young? :)
all of your posts lately have been great. i'm just too lazy to sign-in to comment : ( your basement especially looks amazing.
thank you soo much for your encouraging words on my last post-it meant so much to me and really helped. once the weather is consistently nice, i'm hoping to have a set play date day at the park. i know ben would love playing with ira. whenever he sees ira's picture on your blog, he says, "hey, i remember that boy. i liked him."
thanks again michelle.
Post a Comment