Delightfully, when Andy went to pick up my Heparin prescription last time, they were out of the needles/syringes that they usually give me. The pharmacist gave Andy "allergy syringes" instead. Oh allergy needles, where have you been all my life?! Not only is the needle about half as long, it's also about a third as thick. I've given myself my last two shots almost entirely pain free!! AND they're 10 cents a piece cheaper than the other needles! What a deal! I seriously don't think I've been this excited since we saw that the pregnancy test was positive. I need to take a belly shot now, because I'm guessing in the next month that all my bruises are going to clear up and my stomach is going to look a TON better! I just hope that it's still administering the medicine correctly. I guess I'm just so used to it hurting that I feel like it's not working if it's not hurting. Here's a visual on the old vs. new needle.
Also, I feel like it's been forever since I put pictures up, so here are some pics of Mr. Ira:
Ira and Grandpa Chris on Grandpa's birthday.
Too funny not to include.
Both grandkids digging into the cake while Grandpa chuckles.
We were saying how funny it will be next year to try to get all the grandkids on Grandpa's lap. There'll be 5 then!
Ira "smiling with his mouth open" for his 41 month picture.
Both grandkids digging into the cake while Grandpa chuckles.
4 comments:
Loving all the recent posts! I am always glad for the pregnancy updates and grinned ear to ear as you sang the praises of your good husband- what blessing!! I must say, mine is awful good to us, too. Thanks for posting, Michelle.
those needles make me feel i bit faint just looking at them. what a good momma you are. ira is a cutey. do you still take a picture of him every month? i can never remember to do this. i think ben made it to 4 months. 41 months!! wow.
Yes, we've taken a picture of him every month - it's not always on the 7th, and sometimes we have to just crop one from during the month, but we give it our best. My mom has an album that started when she took pics of Monica and I together two or three months in a row on the 29th (started shortly after I was born) and goes all the way through 2003 or 04. It's something we really enjoy looking through now! In fact, I often refer to Ira's monthly photos as "29th of the Month" pictures (even though we take them on the 7th b/c that was the day he was born.)
i've grown up with needles all of my life (3 diabetics in my fam) and i have to say your needles scare me .... no wonder you like the new ones so much!!!!!!!
Post a Comment