Well, last Thursday, the phone rang, caller ID said it was "US Bioservices." Now, lately we've been getting telemarketing phone calls (despite being on the "do not call" list), so I will say I was less-than-Christian when I answered the phone. A terse, "Hello?" was all US Bioservices was going to get from me. A lady named Christina begins talking, and I begin half listening until she says the words "heparin prescription" and "Holy Family Medical Associates." My ears perked up and I tried to replay what she'd just said (rather unsuccessfully since I'd really only been half listening.) So I told her I was confused and that she'd have to repeat herself.
Long story short, Heparin, because it is and injection medicine, is covered by our major medical insurance, NOT our prescription benefit. Because of the labs/procedures we've had done this year, I've already met my deductible, so the Heparin will be covered by our 20% portion of our coinsurance. Now, I'll get my prescription mailed to me all for the low price of get this, $22.89 a month!!!!! Huzzah!!! So yes, I am totally thrilled. This baby may be affordable after all!
I tried calling PHS to see if they would reimburse us for the 3 months that we've paid totally out of pocket. Usually, I am very impressed by PHS's customer service, but the lady I talked to acted like we should have known it was filed under major medical (despite the fact that US Bioservices is mentioned NOWHERE in our Declaration of Benefits.) I guess Andy and I both thought that because it was a medicine, it would be filled at a pharmacy and paid for with prescription benefits. So, we learned a sort-of expensive lesson that I'm just glad we figured out now instead of never.
Onward and upward to some cute pictures of Ira as promised in my last post. These were all taken at Portrait Innovations.
3 Month Pictures
We always thought it would be funny to Photoshop a martini glass in his right hand and a cigar in his left hand.
My cutie pie! (The tux was for Monica's wedding)
We have this one in black and white in our bedroom.
This was everyone that we gave pictures to's favorite. Unfortunately, it was the one we had the least prints of!6 Month Pictures
Our little family
Look at those handsome boys!
I don't know why, but I think he looks like a character from "The Little Rascals" here.9 Month Pictures
By this point, Ira had figured out crawling which made catching him for a picture DIFFICULT!
With his Christmas present from Grandma and Grandpa.
We didn't order this one, but I just thought it was funny! Only new parents would think that a big prop teddy bear in the background would be a good idea! :-)1 Year Pictures
Big boy!
I absolutely adore this picture.
Such a sweetie pie.
Okay, I may be partial, but I'm pretty sure he could be in a Johnson & Johnson commercial with this one! We have this in Sepia in our Bathroom.18 Month Pictures
This is probably one of my most favorite pictures of him. I love his curls!
Thank you consignment sales for this outfit.
We have this one framed for Ira's room.Okay, that's enough for today, I'm sick of dragging pictures all over the place (my one thing I don't like about Blogspot.) Have a great day! Up next: State Fair!
1 comment:
I agree with the dragging pictures, then I discovered a free program through google called Picasa. It sorts all your pictures into the program, you can choose which ones you want, make collages, etc. Then you just pick a "blog this" option, and it opens it into blogspot where you can write as you please! MUCH easier! Good luck!
Post a Comment