Thursday, September 10, 2009

I don't care

For those who don't know, I tend to be very sick when I'm pregnant. When I was pregnant with Ira, I lost around 11 pounds. So far with this pregnancy, I've lost 20 pounds. When I was pregnant with Ira, I was sick through the entire pregnancy. I'm 13.5 weeks through this one, and so far, I'm still sick. I don't know if it'll fade or it it'll continue through the whole pregnancy, but you know what? I don't care. Because when it really comes down to it, we're going to be blessed with a CHILD! These 9 months of discomfort pale in comparison to the lifetime of joy and happiness (and craziness) that comes from having children. I am thrilled at the idea of our family growing. I am elated to be giving Ira a sibling. (Now he won't be solely responsible for deciding which nursing home to put Andy and I in!)

I guess I'm just sentimental today. I was looking through our pictures from when Ira was born and just got all mushy-gushy. So if you will, indulge me, and I'll share some of our favorite pictures from Ira's birth.

One of the very few pictures we have of me pregnant. I think this was taken just a few weeks before he was born.

Last picture of Andy and I before we really became parents
My two boys.
Ira after his first bath.
Me & Ira.
My momma meeting Ira for the first time. (Her first grandchild)
This was taken technically the same day that Ira was born. (He was born at 1:22 AM on April 7th, this was taken at like 5 PM) It's a 4-Generation shot of my Grandma Cranmer, my Dad, Me, and Ira (and Andy too!)
Mostly this picture cracks me up because I was SO tired when it was taken. See, my labor started at 2 AM on the 6th, then he wasn't born till after 1 AM on the 7th. By the time everyone left from coming to see him after he was born, it was like 5 AM. Then my sister, Monica, stopped by the hospital at like 7 AM on her way to work (which Andy still jokingly holds against her. He's waiting for an opportunity to pay her back for that.) Well that pretty much was the end of trying to sleep, so I think that when this picture was taken, Andy and I had had like 2 or 3 hours of sleep in the last 40 hours.

This was taken the day of Ira's Baptism - so he would've been about 2 weeks old. It's one of my most favorite pictures of him as a newborn. (I'm holding him.)
Well, I think that's all I've got for now. Next time, I might post his professional pics from 3 months on up. (I kinda missed the boat on getting to share those with the masses b/c that was before I was on Facebook and blogged.) Oh well! Better late than never right?



1 comment:

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL, Michelle. Powerful reflections!