Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Laundry Day

I finally got around to doing laundry today! Hooray!! I think I'm going to love having main floor laundry. That is, if we can get the wash machine to stop leaking. It leaked a whole bunch on Friday when I was doing my first load in it since we moved, but Andy replaced the clamp on the drain hose and it had been working fine. On the second load today though I noticed that the paper towel that he put under the drain hose (so we could spot a leak) was wet. There wasn't much water on the floor, but there was some. I tightened the screw on the drain hose clamp a little more and have another load in there now. We'll see how that goes...

I got a new laundry cart for doing laundry. I used to just sort my laundry all over the floor (because our old laundry room was in the basement.) This thing is so cool though, it's got 4 compartments and I think I'm just going to keep it in my closet then roll it out to the laundry room whenever I feel like doing laundry. The 4 compartments each come out too so I could just carry one load out at a t
ime if I wanted to. Here's a picture. I got it at Wal-Mart for like 30 bucks I think.
I was also excited to find out today that our car insurance will be $60 less (per 6 month period) because of moving out of the huge metropolis! Hooray!

That's about all I know for now. Ira is back to napping regularly and without much of a fuss. I think he really did just need to get settled into our new house. Take care and God bless!

P.S. The load in the wash is done and no leaks!!

2 comments:

Monica said...

OK, nevermind about the comment on your FB. Now I know. Way cool!! Gemma says "Ira, Ira, Ira, Ira, Ira, Ira, Ira"...actually she's sleeping...but that's what she'd say if she was awake.

Unknown said...

ooh! we have 3 different laundry baskets and sort in-closet, too. It's the only way to go (read: Karen is LAZY).