While we were at Andy's folks house for the Super Bowl, Andy grabbed Ira's tricycle. Since it's been colder outside lately, I took the trike to the basement and figured I'd let him have free reign. It was pretty funny. This past fall Ira couldn't really ride very well. He mainly just pushed it with his feet, but I tell you what, he's got it figured out now! He was FLYING around the basement! We built all kinds of tunnels for him to go through. I've included a picture below:
I also got a hair up my hiney to rearrange the living room today. For those who know me well, it's something I do quite often. Don't know why... just do. I guess I enjoy the variety. I could also say that I do it so that the carpet doesn't wear unevenly, but that is like way down on the list of why I rearrange so often. Really though, this time was legit because when we moved in we just kind of put furniture where it seemed like it should go. So here is the new arrangement. I'm pretty thrilled with it because now Ira has his own little reading area between the couch and the bookcase. I caught him sitting in his chair several times today just reading. It does my heart good to know that he likes reading so much.
We also did his favorite puzzle again today (both ways.) It's a 50 piece with animals and shapes in little boxes. I can't believe how much of it he can get by himself! On the reverse it's the same pictures but they're just the outlines and you can color on it with wipe-off crayons. We'd never colored on it before, so that was fun. I was surprised how difficult it was to do without any clues from the colors or animals. Ira got it for Christmas from my sis and bro-in-law (his godparents.)
This evening I built a light stand for my seed greenhouse that I'll start for our garden this spring. I've never grown plants from seed (except for sunflowers) so I called the extension office about how for sure to go about doing so. They were incredibly helpful and sent me several brochures on how to start a garden from seed. They had instructions for a light rig, so I figured what the heck... might as well try it. It was very easy! Hopefully the garden will do well. I'm thinking of planting my seeds towards the end of February. Any gardeners out there who know if that's a good time? Here's a pic of my new "grow light rig."
Well, I better go, Andy needs to flip the breaker that the computer is on so that he can "unwire" the electrical box that is in the cabinets above the bar (for the under the counter light.) We're taking the cabinets down tonight!! Yay! We're going to try to put the new countertops on and put the dishwasher in this weekend. I can't wait!
Talk to you all later! God bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment