Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sniffle...My little one is growing up!

I can't believe how stinking big Ira is getting. It's like every day something happens that makes me realize that he is no longer my little baby boy. Not that I'm not proud to see the little boy he's growing up to be, and he'll always be my baby, but seriously, he's just growing up so fast. What's prompting all this sentimentality you might ask? Well, Ira got his hair cut today.

Fortunately for us, my little sister cuts hair and does a fabulous job, so I never have any concerns of whether it's going to look alright, but tonight before she cut it, she said, "You know, his curls may be growing out" Seriously, I knew that curls do often do that, but I didn't realize it'd be happening now when he's only 2! Andy and I had already had this discussion about how long/short we wanted his hair and had agreed that we don't want it too short because we still want him to have some curl but then when Mandy (my sis) said about the curls possibly growing out it set me off crying... CRYING! Can you believe that? I mean, I'll admit, I cry almost every time that she cuts his hair short (it does grow really stinkin fast so we have her cut it shortish then let his curls grow back) because he hardly seems like Ira when he doesn't have a long shaggy mess of rumpled/curly hair. I feel like it's a part of his personality. My father-in-law teases me about it, which is fair, I know, it's only hair, but STILL! So anyways, Andy and I talked again and decided to have her cut it short but not too short. I love how it turned out and I haven't even cried since she cut it, but he just looks so so big with his little boy haircut.

Before haircut (taken on Christmas)
Big boy haircut
Side view
For those of you who haven't checked out from boredom yet, I'm almost finished. Tomorrow we pack for our big move. I can't believe it's already here (and yet it seemed like it would never get here too.) I'm so curious what Ira will think of it all. We've talked a lot about it trying to prepare him for it, but the whole experience will just be interesting with him involved. I'm hoping I'm not stupidly unstressed about the whole thing. I'll let you know tomorrow after we've packed how I feel.

Oh, and for all my thousands of devoted fans out there: the diarrhea smoothie worked GREAT! Ira hasn't had the scoots since he drank it! I'd say that worked!!!

Well, take care and if you get a chance pray for us as we start on this new adventure!

God bless!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Hope the move goes well. I love the haircut! Wish Mandy could come up and cut Katie's. I think I'm going to have my mom cut it when we're up north later this month. I'll have to talk pictures. And I'm taking notes about the smoothie for sickness (BRATTY). What a great mom you are!!

mary said...

hope the move went/is going well. i can TOTALLY relate to your attachment to ira's hair. reading you talk about it made me feel not quite so crazy weird about ben's hair. we buzzed ben's recently and i almost felt like i didn't know who he was anymore. i'm still getting used to it and he honestly doesn't seem like the same boy without his shag. we mom's are crazy.