Outside my window: Mid fifties, sunny. Most of the leaves have vacated the trees.
Clothing myself in: Jeans (the THIRD pair of pants today mind you), eggplant-colored long sleeve shirt, black short sleeve sweater.
Around the House: Would you believe that I waited to blog until today so that I could report to you that I finally cleaned the aquarium? Well, I did. Hooray! Also, there are "cuttings" ALL OVER! Ruby is SO into cutting paper right now. It occupies her for hours each day, but it also means that I need to vacuum most night... not that I actually do, just that I should. Also, I divided ALL the (kids) books we own into 12 stacks, one for each month. That way, the kids have "new" reading material each month (some of which is month-specific.) I did leave about a dozen "favorites" out to stay because there are just some books we can't do without.
Ruby: Cutting paper, painting, coloring, but mostly cutting. Switched to having "Quiet Time" instead of nap time each day. I read her a book, then leave her in her room with a basket of books to "read." She usually ends up falling asleep after 15-20 minutes, then sleeps for an hour or so until I wake her. Bedtime has been a lot better.
Ira: Still hanging on to that loose tooth (he "broke a root on it" yesterday during school apparently.) Doing SO much better about getting his chores done. He ran out of "spending money" last week and had to pay me with a pound of candy one day. That was the end of that! He's been really responsible about getting both his morning and afternoon chores done lately. He's also really into telling us he's going to "throw us in the trash" if we don't stop whatever we're doing that he doesn't like. Love you too, bud!
In the kitchen: French bread pizzas & salad; Leftover goulash; Chicken over curly noodles; Herbed Tuna Sandwiches
Hobbies: Read the entire book from the PPVI Institute over the course of a couple days. So beautiful and inspiring! Transferring video from our camcorder to our computer. It'll take awhile, but it'll be worth it to have it digital (and backed up).
Bringing me Joy: Aforementioned book. Grandma Gladys' 90th birthday party this past Sunday. What a woman, what a party!
Thinking about: The election.
Picture to share: Grandma Gladys with our family.
1 comment:
Ooooooh, I like the book idea a lot!!! I have all our seasonal books organized and pull them out appropriately...we are very random with the others though. Most of them (aside from faves) are on a shelf in my sewing room and I swap them out when I think about it. Which isn't as often as it should be. With our steady stream from the library sometimes I forget we own books here too. ;-D
Post a Comment