Friday, October 15, 2010

If you pick a peck of peppers...

If you pick a peck of peppers, there sure are a lot of peppers to pickle! Our pepper plants have been insanely successful this year, so to date, we have put up 24 pints of pickled peppers (which is actually a peck and half, for those nerds who know that a peck is 8 quarts.)

The canner and I are becoming better friends now, and I really feel like I'm getting the hang of it all. We certainly have used it a lot this year! 24 pints of pickled peppers, 10 half pints of pepper jelly, 5 pints of bread and butter pickles, and 8 quarts of applesauce have all been through the canner this year!

Here are some canning and produce pictures for your visual pleasure!




Getting everything ready for pickling peppers

Our knife-skills have definitely gotten lots of practice lately!

We capped and froze these babies to make stuffed green peppers at a later date, when we have more time!

1 comment:

Kansas Mom said...

I plan to make stuffed peppers with the ones I froze last year sometime next week. Have to use them up!