Saturday, August 14, 2010

Totus Tuus

Mid-July, our parish was blessed to host the Totus Tuus program. For those who don't know - Totus Tuus (Latin for totally yours) is a week-long Catholic Bible School Program. When I was growing up, my mom organized the Totus Tuus program for our parish. Each summer I looked forward to the program and to getting to know the teams (we always had 2-4 people stay with us and hosted 2 meals during the week.) I am blessed with many, many wonderful friends from the Totus Tuus program and I credit Camp Totus Tuus for much of my spiritual development in High School. So when I saw that they were coming to our town, I was eager to help out!

The one thing that was really needed was host families for the team, so Andy and I decided to keep the two girls from the team at our house. We thoroughly enjoyed getting to know Korbi and Christine throughout the week. Ira was positively in love with them and got up early each morning so that he could eat breakfast with them. Even though he wasn't old enough to go to the day program, Ira still got a lot out of Totus Tuus being at our parish. If you ever have the opportunity to send you kids to Totus Tuus' day program, or are financially able to send them to Camp Totus Tuus, I would highly recommend it!!

(pardon the red eyes, I forgot to edit this pic before I uploaded it!)

3 comments:

Kansas Mom said...

First Son attended for the first time this year and loved it! He's already looking forward to next year.

Unknown said...

I'm SO TOTALLY JEALOUS! Our parish/dio says if you don't have kids, you can't host. Well, they don't say it THAT way, but they urge them to find host families "with kids" .... know what? It was nice and all, but as a teacher, I loved staying with old people. Nice, quiet and no late nights. But maybe I've just alway been an old fogie in sheep's clothing. ;)

Angie said...

Yay, Totus Tuus! Great plug! And I know I wouldn't know you w/ out it!