So I'm going to be trying something new - using this blog as more of a journal rather than specific "themed" posts. Doing that is too overwhelming, and I end up not blogging at all (hence the last month.) The thought of uploading pictures and wording things just right is just enough work to make me decide not to spend the time to blog, and I really do want to. I've never done journaling per se, but I'd like to give it a shot on here. That has some ramifications though:
This blog will probably have/be more:
posts, raw, real, self-incriminating, rambling
This blog will probably have/be less:
pictures, punctuation
Ok so that's all I can think of right now. Onto today's journal entry:
This morning, Ira woke up around 8:15. I could hear him through the monitor, and he sounded content, so I left him to talk to himself until a quarter till 9. (In the meantime, I slept.) Then when he got up, he wanted to watch a video (which he does probably 3-4 mornings out of the week. He picked "Thomas" and back to bed I went... because I'm lazy, and I love to sleep. I could make excuses about how Andy worked on Saturday, so on Sunday I got up with the kiddos to let him sleep so I was tired, but quite honestly, I just like to sleep. Fortunately, Ira has never been a real early-bird. And the whole video thing works real well. I will at least justify it with, that's the only time he watches video/tv. Well except for "America's Funniest Videos" he loves that too on Sunday nights.
After I finally rolled my lazy bones out of bed after his video was over, we had breakfast and Ruby slept. That's her routine, she usually sleeps till somewhere around 11 or noon on the weekdays. I envy her. I unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher while Ira ate breakfast because Andy and I were both too tired to do it last night.
After breakfast, Ira did his chores while I caught up on FB, blogs, and e-mail. After chores, I went downstairs with Ira to play. Which I hadn't done for a long time - just play... alone... with Ira. We played with his Little People and with his GeoTrax for quite awhile. Then Ruby woke up, so I got her dressed and took her downstairs with us to nurse. After she nursed, Ira wanted to play wedding dance. He wanted me to put on one of the dresses from playclothes, along with a feather boa, so I did and we danced to the William Tell Overture. He wore a football shirt for a tuxedo.
I'm going to go put him down for Quiet Time, I'll be back...
It made me feel really good to just play with Ira. It's something I probably don't do often enough - I get too busy doing things around the house and wasting time on the internet. Anyway, I think I may include two things at the end of each post, I think they'd be interesting to look back through if I actually stick to this long term.
Right now on my mind:
sad about Ira going to school next year... I am NOT ready to give him up. Thankfully kindergarten is still only a half day here, but still, I can't IMAGINE life without my little boy at home all day. It makes me cry.
Right now my house:
is kind of a mess. Yesterday, Andy & I went through clothes in the kids' room and packed up more stuff that doesn't fit, blankets that we don't use, and clothes for Ruby that we've gotten that will fit her later. The bags are marked, but they are all over the dining room table. There's also a bowling set at my feet as we speak.
Hopefully I'll post again soon... we'll just have to see I guess.
4 comments:
Like it, more and less. ;-) Sounds like a mom's life to me....thanks for sharing.
I can't believe Ira will be in kindergarten next year either! Can that be right? He's not that much older than Second Daughter and she wouldn't (in theory) start until 2012 (or is it 2011?).
You know...homeschooling for kindergarten is really fun...
Oops, make that First Daughter. Second Daughter is only 20 months old.
ok, so i made a total flub! Ira won't be in school until 2011. In my head that's next year, but thankfully not next school year.
Post a Comment