Sunday, March 14, 2010

Child of God

Well, life with two is every bit as amazing as I dreamed it would be. Ruby is a very good, very easy baby. She nurses really well (a stark contrast to Ira when he was a baby!) and seems to have just fit right in to our little family. She sleeps about 2-3 hours at a time at night and throughout the day. I don't even really notice the "lack of sleep" (I really think I'm getting more than I was at the end of my pregnancy when I couldn't sleep and then woke up for hours at a time during the night - thank you pregnancy insomnia!)

Ira is "adjusting" really well to being a big brother. I put adjusting in quotes because it doesn't really seem like there's been a whole lot for him to "adjust" to. He wakes up every morning and asks where his sissy is, and is a huge help with bringing me things here and there when my hands are tied up. He's even asked me, "mom is there anything I can get for you?" Not that we haven't had our rough moments occasionally, but for the most part, he seems like he was born to be a big brother.

We had Ruby baptized last night after 5:30 Mass. It was a beautiful thing to welcome our little miracle into the church!And now, enough with the commentary and onto the pictures!
Blogger is being stupid, so this picture is out of sequence. Our family with Ruby's amazing godparents, Matt & Jolene.

Again, out of sequence - at the party at our house afterward.

Again with the out of sequence...Ruby's Baptism cake that I made. It is going to be so much fun to have a girl and be able to do "girly" things!

During the Baptism ceremony

This is pretty much what I do all day - stare at my little miracle.

Ruby is officially a Catholic now!

With our dear priest, Fr. Andy

The FOUR of us with Fr. Andy


2 comments:

Stephaniewhite said...

so happy for you, beautiful!

Angie said...

Welcome to the Church beautiful Ruby! You've got me excited for two (you and Monica).