Monday, January 7, 2013

Keepin' it Real

No folks, you're not looking at the latest "My home is better than yours" Home from Better Homes and Gardens.  This is what my house looks like today.  Ruby is puking from the overabundance of mucus that has accompanied her bout with "Flu B."  So I'm letting go of the house to take care of what matters most: the people in my life.

Thankfully, Ruby is napping peacefully right now, and in the time it's taken me to upload the pictures, I've gotten the kitchen cleaned up and a load of laundry started.  Nonetheless, I wanted to share a glimpse of raw, unedited "life"  Real life.

The extra snuggling time I've had today has given me time to think about just how grateful I am for my life today:  That I am married to a man who is my world, my love, my best friend, my better half.  That he works hard so that I can live my dream of staying home with our kids.  That I have been blessed twice with new souls to love and nurture here on earth.  That I have a warm home with beautiful Christmas decorations that make my heart glad.  That my family has enough clothes to make that mountain of laundry above.  That we have dishes and food and helping hands to create a dirty kitchen with.  That even on the messiest, most unproductive days I am SO ABUNDANTLY BLESSED.

Sometimes life is so messy and so beautiful all at the same time.

2 comments:

Debi said...

Great thoughts...we are sick too...and I have been having a pity party for myself...thanks for the kick in the patookus that I needed!!! I pray you all get well soon! Blessings!

Colleen said...

I really appreciated this post when I first read it, and I appreciate it even more right now. :P We have the sickness, maybe the flu? (NO pukiness though, thankfully! at least, so far) and our house is the pits. I'm trying to not let it stress me out because I'm doing what is most important - taking care of the little people!