Clothing myself in: Boots, skinny jeans, thermal t-shirt, brown short-sleeved sweater.
Around the house: Well, the house got cleaned in a whirlwind last Monday because I decided (that morning) to host around 20 people for a surprise birthday party for Andy. We also decorated for Christmas this past weekend. Ira was really excited about decorating this year (which was good, because I needed some motivation to actually do it.) We don't do a ton of decorating, but what we do, I really love.
Ruby: Is still insisting that she is (or is going to be) a football player. Everyone who comments on what a cute little girl she is gets the same response, "No, I'n a football player." It cracks me up! She is clinging to her binkies for now. She loves having the Fisher Price Nativity scene out to play with. She also loves the ornaments on the tree that make music - so far she's been good about being gentle with the tree/ornaments. Has been copying her brother's attitude at times. Replete with door slamming and yelling. Oh joy!
Ira: Has had an attitude lately. Last week was kind of a crazy week as far as after-school time went, which really seems to affect him negatively. We tried to spend good, quality time with him this weekend, which helped some, but still he was doing this entitled/attitud-ey thing, so he had some consequences to face for that. He really really needs the boundaries and consequences that a good routine provides, so we're trying to stick to it better this week. Earned computer time for practicing piano ever day last week.
In the kitchen: Crockpot chili, Brown bag burritos, Homemade Chicken & Noodles, Tomato-Mushroom Soup with Grilled Cheese, and maybe Sweet & Sour pork.
Hobbies: I've been editing photos like crazy lately and am so pleased with how easy it has become now that I "know what I'm doing." I just wish our computer was a little faster. Maybe someday...
Bringing me joy: Hubby's 30th Birthday party was tons of fun. Went to the zoo as a family this weekend and then went running at the park afterwards. A new-found peace that God is asking us to wait for Him in a couple areas of our lives. I am not usually good at being patient, but I am feeling a certain peace in waiting on God right now. Started my complete hormone panel for Dr. Hilgers. Curious to see what all can be determined from it.
Thinking about: This article that a friend shared with me. What a weird position it is to feel called to have a big family and physically not be able to (at least for now.) Again though, I'm waiting on Him, and His plans for my life.
Pictures to share:
![]() |
| The big 30 year old! |
![]() |
| I know it's blurry, but I LOVE the emotion is this picture! |
![]() |
| Silly kiddos at the zoo! |



No comments:
Post a Comment