1. Ruby. doing. puzzles. 65 piece puzzle. Perhaps 2 pieces? connected together that actually go together. So funny!
2. Ira's Baptism Anniversary. We celebrated with cookies and one of his favorite meals (fried chicken with mashed potatoes) as well as a Renewal of Baptismal Promises. It was the first year he seemed to really understand what was going on with the renewal and that was cool!
4. Cleaning. Got my car washed/vacuumed, cleaned our disgustingly dusty/sheetrock-muddy oscillating fans, and cleaned out closets and cabinets throughout the house. Not fun tasks, but definitely feels good to have them done!
5. Confession. Needed it. Did it. Got grace. 'Nuff said!
6. Date night! Sweet Andy surprised me with a much needed date night on Friday night. We ate dinner at our favorite Thai restaurant that we hadn't been to in probably 5 years, then went out for ice cream and coffee after that. It was so nice to spend some time together away from the crazies kids.
7. Visitors. Ira got to meet with a very special lady on Saturday who sends him postcards from all over the world. It was wonderful to get to meet her and have her meet Ira. She is traveling to Hungary/Austria/Slovakia in July and we are excited to see the postcards and stamps from those countries!
8. Garden. We FINISHED the 6th and 7th beds. All told, we moved between 35-42 tons of dirt by shovel over the course of 3 weekends. I. am. SO. DONE! with that!
9. Professional Pictures. We got 2 and 6 year pictures of the kiddos taken as well as family pictures. Although I've had better experiences, I think Portrait Innovations still did a great job on the photos.
| Look at that Farmer's Tan!!! |
9. Sleeping kiddos. The circus that is "going to bed in the same bed at the same time" is mildly improving. They both slept in the big bed all night twice this week. We have a "zero-tolerance" policy on Ruby getting out of bed/goofing off too much. That's really seemed to help her understand the boundaries and to be successful twice! Hooray!
10. Shout out. A dear friend of mine started doing her own "What I Loved" posts. I always enjoy her perspective on things. Can't wait to see more posts from this beautiful woman!
Have a GREAT week!
3 comments:
What do you know? "What I Loved" is getting around.
I love celebrating baptism anniversaries. I was just thinking about those again this week because I'm hoping to have masses said for the kids this year for them...but I haven't gotten around to the parish office yet. Sigh.
Beautiful pictures! Beautiful family!
I have so been enjoying your "what I loved about last week" series. You have such a beautiful family. And prayers on your trying to conceive journey.
Goodness - how simply adorable Ruby is!!!!!!!
Post a Comment