-We are the proud owners of a new Canon Rebel T3i. I sat up (literally) all night the night before Thanksgiving waiting for the deals to go live on Best Buy.com. They were supposed to go live at midnight, or so everyone thought. They really didn't go live until 5:03am. However, between camera, lens, and accessories, we saved several hundred dollars buying it this way. Totally worth it if you ask me! I am learning a lot, but boy do I have a lot to learn! Since it came on Nov. 30th, We've taken over 1,000 pictures. Practice, practice, practice!
One of the first photos with our new camera.
Who doesn't love that effect?
-We decorated for Christmas on Dec. 3rd (early for us) and have been thoroughly enjoying the decorations. Ruby has done amazingly well with the ornaments on the tree. Today was actually the first day that she got one off the tree, and it just slipped off of the branch as she was pushing the button to play the music. The same day we were decorating for Christmas, we heard an ambulance and thinking it was just Ira playing with his GeoTrax one, didn't think much of it. About 10 minutes later, Andy went outside to grab something and saw the ambulance in front of our neighbor's house. He'd had a heart attack and they were never able to resuscitate him. If you would, pray for his soul and for his sons and daughter. He was only 54. Andy and I were both in shock for awhile afterwards. Really made us realize how you never know when your time on Earth will come to an end.
-Ira had his first Music Program on December 14th. It was precious and very professional. His class sang and signed/did actions for 3 songs as well as a finale with the whole school. I am so impressed with the job his music teacher does. After being in concerts much of my school career, playing for concerts for my sister's music classes, and Andy doing lighting for concerts (in the very same auditorium Ira's concert was in) it was quite surreal to sit in the audience as a parent. We were so proud!
Ruby and her "not twin", my sister's little girl, Anna.
-We had a wonderful Christmas. Or should I say Christmases. We spent Friday evening with Andy's mom's side of the family, Saturday evening with just Andy's family, got up, dressed, hair done, and ready to walk out the door for Midnight Mass (our Christmas tradition) only to decide not to go because the kids were both messes. (Oh well, traditions are made to be broken right?) We ended up going to 9:00 am mass. All Ira wanted to do before mass was open his Hot Wheels track from Andy's parents the night before. So Hot Wheels we did until it was time for mass. After mass, the kids played with Hot wheels again until I finally suggested we open presents (because I couldn't wait) around 11. Ira was a doll. After opening 2 presents, he said, "Wow mom and dad, you are really generous. Thank you." It was incredible. This from the kid who circled every boy present in the Toys R Us catalog because that's what all he wanted for Christmas. Santa brought Ira tools, wood, and a kit to build a tool box. He brought Ruby an old-fashioned handmade swinging doll cradle. We spent Christmas afternoon at my parents' and had a blast opening presents, watching Ira and Gemma take hundreds of pictures with their new Fisher Price digital cameras, and playing games. Although we went a lot of places in a short amount of times, Christmas was actually very restful and relaxing. Oh, and we saw 2 foxes in our yard on Christmas Eve morning.
Can you spot the foxes?
-Andy had to work the week between Christmas and New Years because his company cashed out his vacation for him when he was furloughed last year. It was sad not to have him around, but we survived and are hoping he'll get to be off next year. We're just grateful for employment!
-We spent New Years Eve at the wedding of a beautiful couple. One of my little sister's best friends from high school got married and was kind enough to invite us to her wedding. The kids loved it and had a blast dancing the night away. Ira had a slight incident with 3,000 pounds of guys during the garter toss but he lived to tell about it (and believe me, we'll probably never hear the end of that one.)
6 comments:
I got the exact same camera! I LOVE IT!
You will love the 50mm lens! I use mine 90% of the time since it lets so much more light in!!!
Cute, cute and cute! And yes, the 50 mm is wonderful, wonderful.
Sounds like a fun and exciting holiday! Enjoy your new camera! That is definitely on my wish list!
You're gonna love your prime lens. It will be your ultra-fave and all of the other lenses in your bag will be jealous. Or at least, mine are. I spend time regularly making out with my 50.1.4 No joke.
Michelle, I love your "mammoth" post (I think because I am naturally long-winded ; )
- Your pictures!! breath-taking. I am trying to learn & shoot as much as possible too! Can't wait to see all of your future pictures!
- About the canned foods, I've ran across the topic too! I love your canning endeavors.
Thanks for the lovely post : )
Post a Comment