Thursday, February 3, 2011

Chinese Restaurant II

Chinese Restaurant is still a very popular "game" in our house right now.

 

Ira was the waiter the other day, so he got to practice his writing skills - and I got to practice my "reading kids handwriting" skills (hadn't done that since college!)  Ira sounded out all of the words by himself.  See if you can figure out what some of the orders are.  

 

 
My favorite? "Pile of peas"  at the bottom of the photo above.

2 comments:

Debi said...

How wonderfully creative!!! He's a very good writer....great use of phonetics!!

Kansas Mom said...

I wish First Son would try to sound things out to spell them. He refuses to even try - wants to get it perfect by asking us every single time. Sigh. I'm considering starting a spelling program with him just so I won't have to spell words so often.