Every Season
Well, we've lived in this house for all of the 4 seasons now, and quite honestly I can't tell you which one is my favorite. Each season brings a new opportunity for me to wonder at the splendor of God's creation. What a gift He has given us!! This year, with being pregnant, the seasons (as well as the seasons of the church year) just seem so relevant. The seasons of my life this year just seem to mirror nature so well. In fall, nature gives everything without regard for itself, knowing that it is best for what is to come. In winter, nature sustains life inside while appearing unchanged from the exterior. And in the spring, all of nature bursts forth in new life and new growth. It sounds just vaguely familiar...
I'm also looking forward to going through the end of my pregnancy during Lent. I think it will be an incredible time of anticipation and sacrifice. Boy, will Easter seem triumphant!!
I took this picture out my kitchen window today and just had to share. Don't I have a beautiful view? And oh the colors!!! Okay, so the picture hardly does it justice, but you get the idea.

Also, along these lines, I wanted to share a video of a song that I love that talks about these exact sentiments. It's called "Every Season" by Nichole Nordeman. Just click the name to watch the video.
God bless you in all the seasons of your life!
1 comment:
Beautiful post. I love the reflection on the seasons...it rings true for this mother, too.
Post a Comment