So, I can't really think of one coherent thing to blog about (and I apparently need to blog more according to my uncle.) So here you go - a list of random things that are on my mind right now.
Ira not feeling well
So all day yesterday Ira said his teeth hurt. I, being a first time mom, have no idea that that is code for "I have a sore throat." Which is apparently common-mom knowledge. Last night he had a fever (100.5 under the arm) so we gave him Motrin (because I am paranoid about letting a fever run its course overnight when I can't be there to monitor that it doesn't get too high.) This morning he is grumpy and I haven't taken his temp yet b/c I don't want to bug him. He is currently vegging out to Bob the Builder. I absolutely hate it when he is sick. I worry like crazy and feel so helpless. I do like the nurturing part though - it's one time he'll actually snuggle, let me hold him, etc.
Lawn/Garden
We are trying to decide what to do with our lawn. It is about 97% weeds. We treated it with some stuff about 2 weeks ago and still haven't really seen any results. We can't decide whether it's worth it to call a lawn service or whether we just try to get it up to par over the next couple of years ourselves. Anyone have any suggestions? Also, the storm on Sunday night wreaked havoc on our seedlings that I was hardening off. It wasn't too hard on the tomatoes and the peppers (they're pretty hardy thanks to the Tomato Pilates that Dan recommended) but the cantaloupe plants really took a beating. We shall see whether they recover or not!
Well, I guess only two random things aren't that bad for a blog post. Keep smiling even though it's cloudy! (I like to think of the fact that above the clouds it's actually very sunny - which I discovered while flying in an airplane one time - I know I'm a total dork!)
2 comments:
tomato pilates?????? that's an entire blog post in and of itself!
i was a softie and brought mine in ... they need to learn pilates. :)
Karen - here's the link on Tomato Pilates - http://plangarden.wordpress.com/2009/03/16/tomato-pilates/.
I would have brought them in too, only when we left home, I thought the severe weather was over. Boy was I wrong!
Post a Comment